What are you willing to do to stand out? How many chances will YOU take? Will you reinvent an entire product category, just to be different?
Lady Gaga would and she did. And keynote speaker and author Jackie Huba tells the story of the most unusual Lady Gaga perfume in her presentations.
You’ll hear all about it on this glamorous episode of Standing Ovation as Jackie Huba takes the stage to share a story about Lady Gaga and her ground-breaking product.
Find out about:
- Hear Jackie’s signature story about Lady Gaga’s perfume
- Why Jackie leaves the stage and goes into the crowd during her keynotes
- What Lady Gaga can teach you about customer loyalty and standing out
- How Jackie engages with her audience and gets people talking
- How Jackie’s story performs with different audiences and countries
- How Jackie uses a prop on stage
- How Jackie captures new stories to add to her keynotes
- The challenges that come when you tell personal stories on stage
Quotes from the episode:
“We need to create things worth talking about.”
“I spent months preparing (for TEDx) because I had to learn how to speak about these things without looking like a blubbering mess.”
Connect with Jackie Huba
2 Key Questions
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given about the speaking business?
“Keynote Performer and Performance Strategist, Victoria Labalme, has these great exercises where you find a time in your life when you were really happy and exhilarated and think about the things that make you really happy and how to bring that forth on stage….she helps people find something they love and bring it into their speaking, even if you’re speaking about business stuff.”
Who is your dream guest for Standing Ovation?
“I love Mike Ganino. He’s really great at helping people find their story…he has a lot of storytelling in what he does and helps people to that, so I think he might be great.”
Watch Jackie’s TEDx Talk – Unleash the power of your inner drag queen